- Allows for easy adjustment of ride height and corner weights. (1 turn is
equal to 1/8 of an inch change in ride height)
- Allows for lighter weight K-member, control arms and other front end
components to be used reducing both unsprung weight and overall vehicle
- Decreases motion ratio (how much the spring moves in relation to tire
- More predictable spring action.
- Griggs coil over hardware components are made in USA from the finest
aircraft quality aluminum, and sleeve is hard anodized for durability.
- A Torrington thrust bearing at the top provides friction free steering in
spite of spring load applied to the camber plate.
Coil-overs perform two primary functions: Reducing the unsprung weight (the
coil-over springs are lighter do to there more outboard location) and it allows for
the infinite adjustment to ride height.
Secondary benefits are decreasing the suspensions motion ratio, the expression of
how much the spring moves in relation to how much the tire moves. By
relocating the spring outboard to the strut in the front, or to the shock in the
rear, and employing high quality materials, lighter weight and lower rate springs
and spring seats and load supports can be used with increased roll control. This
results in a far better performance package.