Quick Facts about S197 Torque Arm Kits
- Maximize forward bite
- Eliminate rear wheel hop
- Allow consistent launching
- Provide confidence-inspiring handling at the limit that you have to feel to believe
- Reduce drive line articulation, which extends CV joint life in the new technology 2-piece drive shafts
- Eliminate the 3rd link and attached pinion snubber
- Allows the car to be set to a lower ride height without bottoming out, which lowers center of gravity and is way cool.
Nothing works as well or is a greater joy to drive fast than a high-powered, V8, rear-wheel drive car with a properly designed torque arm system. Griggs Racing introduced torque arm technology to Mustangs in 1979, and our design for the S197 chassis is an adaptation designed for these wonderful newer cars. The forward mounting point utilizes a new technology rubber bushing that eliminates noise transfer of previous designs. Installed with either design of our lower control arms and anti-squat brackets, the new torque arm geometry eliminates rear wheel hop while greatly improving forward bite and launch performance. Chassis stability is also greatly improved while driving at the limit in situations causing ride height changes such as when cresting a hill while cornering.
Minor modification to exhaust system H-pipe is required. A simple weld in X-pipe section is a available for those who wish to improve exhaust performance or sound.&nbsb;Installation requires some welding. (This is the only chassis component for 2005 and newer Mustangs we offer that requires welding. Welding is minimal and is less significant than that involved in installing subframe connectors).