An SLA Tower Kit is an integral part of a complete Griggs SLA system.
Quick Facts About Griggs SLA Systems
- Fully track-tested
- Simple bolt-on installation
- Through increased tire contact due to better applied camber and control of camber change:
- Substantially increased front grip
- Improved turn in
- Reduced entry and mid-corner under steer
- Improved front tire wear and temperature balance
- Stable roll center
- Minimal track change in roll
- Improved anti-dive geometry
- Better braking with less static camber
- Easy alignment
- Allows wider wheel to be installed
- Coil-over shock system for adjustable ride height and corner weights
- Utilizes existing GR40 K-members
- Available for street and race applications
- Utilizes stock SN-95 spindle and hub on street applications
- Can be used on GR40 modular spindle and hub system
- Brake brackets available to mount most 3.5 inch pattern calipers on 13", 13.5" and 14” rotors on SN-95 spindle
- Fits radial mount brakes with a simple spacer.
While the strut-based Griggs Racing front suspension system has worked wonders on Mustangs for over a decade, there have always been camber and roll-center constraints inherent to Ford’s design as with all strut designs that compromise handling performance and front tire life. Dynamic camber change is too little and roll center migration excessive. A Short/Long Arm (SLA) allows us more design freedom to correct these design flaws. Specifically the strut is removed and an upper control arm installed that is shorter in relation to the lower arm. This allows more control over camber changes during jounce and rebound.
Any GR40 equipped Mustang, be it a wicked corner carving street car or track car, will benefit from the SLA system, but it is an absolute must when maximum front end adhesion is required. It allows for use of 315 tire combinations to deliver absolutely astonishing front grip.
* Does not affect anti-dive if installed on existing GR40 strut type chassis.
**Stock ride height is 10 inches from ground to rear K-member flanges Recommended GR40 ride height for street use is 8 inches. recommended GR40 track-use ride height is 6.5” to 7” . Spindles should be modified or replaced with our GR40 Spindles and Hubs for ride heights below 8”. This service is provided on an exchange basis.
For more information please read the following:
"Extreme Winner," 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords, May 2005 (2.47 MB pdf)